Extrapolation to new pictures within a category

In this figure, the classifier was trained with all the repetitions for 70% of the pictures and testing for classification performance was done with all repetitions for the remaining 30% of the pictures (green). Thus, the classifier never saw the neuronal responses to the test pictures during the training phase. For comparison, we also show the performance upon training on 70% of the repetitions with all pictures and testing on the remaining 30% of the repetitions for all pictures (red, as shown in Figure 1). Classifier parameters: [100;300) ms interval, bin size = 50 ms.